Wednesday, December 8, 2010

CTV BC Announces New 6pm Anchor Team

Yesterday, Bill Good and Pamela Martin, the current anchor team on CTV BC News at 6, both announced they would be stepping down at the end of the month. And today CTV BC announced Mike Killeen and Tamara Taggart as the new anchor team, starting January 3rd.

"Mike and Tamara are the perfect combination to take our newscast into the future,” said Tom Haberstroh, Vice-President and General Manager, CTV British Columbia. “Both are already huge viewer favourites and well-respected throughout the community.”

"Co-anchoring CTV NEWS AT SIX in my hometown is truly a privilege, something I've dreamed of since before broadcasting school,” said Killeen. “I'm really excited to be anchoring with Tamara. Along with CTV's incredibly talented team of reporters, editors, camera operators and producers, we will deliver BC's best newscast every night."

"This opportunity is by far the most exciting challenge of my career,” said Taggart. “Vancouver is my hometown: to get to do this in the city I love is an honour. The best part is that I get to share this experience with Mike, who is not only a great journalist but a good friend.”

Who will be the new weather anchor of CTV BC News at 5, 6 & 11:30? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment