“The collective expertise of our Academy Board just became savvier with the addition of communications trailblazer Scott Henderson and former investment banker Cam di Prata,” Katz says. “Scott’s dynamic and creative approach to original publicity campaigns have resulted in the successful launch of multiple-ratings’ winners in Canadian television series, specials, and awards shows.
“We are delighted to have Cam di Prata, a financial services heavy-weight, join our Board as an independent director. His acumen in the mergers & acquisitions world boosts our fundraising capacity on the Board and is a real vote of confidence from the private sector in all our efforts in bolstering our operations,” says Katz.
Cam di Prata: Private Investor
Cam di Prata is a private investor, an advisor to various corporations and not-for-profit organizations, and a former financial services industry executive. He has over 25 years of capital markets experience, most of them as a mergers and acquisitions professional.
A native of Montreal, Cam is fluent in English, French and Italian. From 1987 until 1995 he was an M&A investment banker at Nesbitt Burns; between 1995 and 1998 he was a Managing Director at Citigroup; and between 1998 and 2003, he was Deputy Head of M&A and later Group Head of Telecoms, Media & Technology investment banking at Scotia Capital.
In 2003, he joined National Bank of Canada’s Investment Banking division as Vice Chairman, Quebec, and was promoted in 2006 to Executive VP & Head of Corporate and Investment Banking. Until 2012, he managed the Bank’s corporate lending, equity capital markets, and mergers & acquisitions advisory activities.
Now residing in Toronto, Mr. di Prata is an active political and community fundraiser. He is a member of the Toronto Club and a Director of the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Empire Club of Canada, the University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs, and the Luminato Festival of Arts & Creativity.
Scott Henderson: Vice-President, Communications, Bell Media
As Vice-President, Communications since 2007, Mr. Henderson leads the strategic, day-to-day operations of Bell Media’s program publicity, corporate communications, public affairs, and special events. He is responsible for all communications efforts for CTV and CTV Two; Bell Media’s stable of 30 entertainment, factual, sports and news specialty channels; the company’s 33 radio stations; and multiple digital properties.
A 14-year veteran of the company, Mr. Henderson is an industry innovator for original series communications in Canada and has overseen the publicity campaigns for some of Canada’s most-watched and successful original programs, including Saving Hope, Flashpoint, the MuchMusic Video Awards and The JUNO Awards, to name a few. In 2010, he helped share the story of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games – the most-watched programming in the history of Canadian television – as well as the London 2012 Olympic Games this summer.
Earlier in his career, Henderson was instrumental in the launch campaign of Corner Gas, a series which received seven Gemini Awards and was nominated for an International Emmy Award.
Henderson is also a director on the board of the Toronto Entertainment District BIA. He sits on the Marketing Committee for The Juno Awards and the Communications Committee for the Television Bureau of Canada.
Members of the ACCT Board of Directors, from all areas of the film, television and digital media industries (in alphabetical order) are:
- · ACCT Chair – Martin Katz, President, Prospero Pictures
- · ACCT Vice-Chair – Robin Mirsky, Executive Director, Rogers Group of Funds
- · Barry Avrich, President, Endeavour Marketing
- · Paul Bronfman, Chairman & CEO of Comweb Corp. and William F. White International Inc.
- · Jonas Diamond, Executive Producer, Smiley Guy Studios
- · Cam di Prata, Private Investor
- · Anne Fitzgerald, Chief Legal Officer, Cineplex Entertainment
- · Bryan Gliserman, President, eOne Films Canada
- · Scott Henderson, Vice-President, Communications, Bell Media
- · Gabriel Nachman, retired partner PricewaterhouseCoopers
- · Mary Powers, President, M. Powers Communications
- · Gary Slaight, President/CEO Slaight Communications
- · Mark Slone, SVP Alliance Films
- · Kevin Wright, Senior Vice President, Astral Television Networks
- · John Young, Managing Director, Temple Street Productions
- · Special Advisor – Charles Ohayon, Consultant